Charity: Women and Men Against Child Abuse
I’m a 23-year-old who holds a BA in psychology. I’ve been a counsellor at the South African Depression Group as well as a junior counsellor at the Wits Community Clinic. The love and commitment I have developed for children has led me to become a Vodacom Change the World volunteer at Women and Men Against Child Abuse. In my role as Court Case Manager, I oversee the cases, assesses them and am involved in the proceedings. I’m also tasked with networking with prosecutors who can take on these cases.
- Work through all cases (both pending and closed) since 2010 for each clinic
- Follow all pending cases
- Attend court appearances
- Observe cases in court (Identify any areas of concern)
- Workshops for prosecutors, teachers etc.
- Clinic events
- Account executive who holds a BA in psychology
- Have been a counsellor at the South African Depression Group as well as a junior counsellor at the Wits Community Clinic
- Spent the last six years volunteering at a children’s home
- Am a passionate young woman who is dedicated to serving and assisting vulnerable children by fighting for them and giving them a voice
More about WMACA:
- Women and Men against Child Abuse is an organisation committed to fighting for the rights of the child and the end of child abuse in South Africa, by striving to form a multi-faceted, dynamic and aggressive offensive against any form of abuse
- It has various children’s clinics around Gauteng where kids who have suffered abuse, either physical or emotional, can receive medical treatment, therapy, social services or anything else they may need
- Staff at the clinics are trained in collecting evidence in order to assist in cases against the abusers