Charity: South African Red Cross Society
Maubate holds a Post-Graduate Diploma in HIV/AIDS Management, Advanced Health Management Programme, BA Nursing and various Nursing Diplomas. She will be working as a Health and Care Manager at the South African Red Cross Society in Mokopane, Limpopo Province.
The South African Red Cross Society is a member organisation of the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), which is the largest volunteer driven organisation on earth. The Red Cross Society has 100 million members and a presence in 189 countries.
In August 2007 the South African Government recognized The South African Red Cross Society as an Official Auxiliary to the Government in Humanitarian Aid.
Today the South African Red Cross Society is a member of the IFRC Governing Board.
It has three main components:
- The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC).
- The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies.
- 189 member Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies.
As partners, the different members of the Movement support communities in becoming stronger and safer through a variety of development projects and humanitarian activities. The Movement also works in cooperation with governments, donors and other aid organizations to assist vulnerable people around the world.
Maubate will, during her term as a Vodacom Change the World Volunteer, aim to:
- Strengthen implementation and sustainability of 90-90-90 National Department of Health strategy, fighting towards zero HIV infection.
- Incorporate knowledge and experience gained from public exposure into SARCS operational plan aiming at reaching global standard requirements in HIV management. . As part of management team, support and strengthen both operational and governance management structure in achieving organisational goals.