Frequently Asked Questions
- You need to be in possession of a valid South African identity document or permanent residence permit for the Republic of South Africa;
- You need to be 21-35 years or older by the start date of the programme.
- You need to have relevant qualifications and experience that will add value to the work of your chosen NPO
- Applications open on 19 June 2017;
- Applications close at 16:00 on 14 August 2017;
- Selection will take place during August 2017
- Successful applicants will be notified by the end of August;
- Successful applicants must be available to attend a 3-day induction workshop in October 2017 in Johannesburg (further details on the venue will be provided);
- To The placement with the NPO commences on 1 October 2017 until 30 September 2018
- Find and agree with a suitable NPO that it has a need for your skills for one yea
- Agree on a suitable monthly salary and basic working conditions with the chosen NPO for the period of the placement. Vodacom reserves the right to determine the final salary;
- Develop a plan, together with the chosen NPO on what you hope to achieve using ICT within the year at the NPO.
Yes. Please enquire in advance with your chosen NPO that their facilities can accommodate your specific needs.
- be a registered South African NPO or a Section 21/Trust with a PBO number (tax exemption from SARS);
- be in existence for at least 2 years;
- provide their latest audited financial statements (preferably unqualified)
- not be in financial distress
- not be linked to any government organisation/individual; and
- have 75% of their beneficiaries make-up/come from previously disadvantaged communities
- Vodacom reserves the right to send its employees or agents to undertake site visits at the selected/chosen NPOs.
- Ensure your application for Vodacom Change the World is endorsed by the chosen NPO;
- Agree your job description;
- Develop a project plan and deliverables; Using ICT
- Agree on who you will report to during the time that you will offer your services to the chosen NPO;
- Negotiate and agree your proposed salary;
- Share upfront if you have a pre-existing medical condition or disability that may affect the delivery of your services to the chosen NPO;
- Share any previous criminal convictions upfront;
- Annual and sick leave will apply but will be managed by a Vodacom appointed agency that will be responsible for employing and assigning you to the chosen NPO;
- Working hours (minimum 40 hours per week);
- Discuss challenges in terms of relocation, accommodation and travel, if applicable.
No, It is an online application.
The closing date for all applications is 16h00 14 August 2017.
No, multiple applications or joint applications will not be allowed.
Every application will be individually assessed for its humanitarian and charitable merit, the practicality of implementation using ICT skills the applicant brings to the project and the NPO, meeting basic criteria. Applications where the focus will be on the Education, Health, Safety and Security, Agriculture/convservation Information Communication Technology (ICT) to solve social issues will have an advantage.
You will be notified whether you have been shortlisted and arrangements will be made for the next steps in the selection process. The decision in respect of all matters pertaining to the selection process is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
The successful applicants will be contacted during the week commencing 28 August 2017.
We will attempt to revert to all applicants. However, if you haven't heard from us by the end of September 2017, then please assume that you haven't been successful.
What do the Volunteers say?
Cindy Van Zyl
By: Cindy Van Zyl